Dec 31, 2009

Santa Came This Christmas


ANMPAS, NM Magazine, NM State Fair, Ship Rock, Joe Bridwell

Who Doesn't Pause to Recall on New Year's Eve?
2009 was less about shooting everything and more about making images fine art. In May, 2008 NM State Fair judges gathered to critique images. Several judges made direct comments to me about Ship Rock; taking my heart in my hands, I sought the next prescient level - matting, framing, and statewide competition.
I've already overly belabored this blog about the upward succession of events; State Fair, Annual New Mexico Photographic Art Show (ANMPAS), New Mexico Magazine Photo Contest for Ship Rock...
but there are a couple more items to chronicle.

New Mexico Magazine created a video where the judges panel chronicled their feelings about winning images chosen for the 9th Annual Photo Contest. I've quoted Fabian West above as she discussed Ship Rock. In a phone conversation, Fabian even told me she was going to hang it on her office wall!

At ANMPAS, an excited buyer’s push came the weekend after Christmas.
Ship Rock was purchased by a California movie producer...

Part of My Awe…
from this process includes consequences from being witness to a statewide judging process; all judges favored my favorite image. That was a first for me...
Results from being a volunteer during the first set up of our ANMPAS gallery. In helping to create an impeccable artistic sense as we hung carefully framed images - my view of photography was elevated. There were some incredibly neat images in the front room of that astonishing gallery…
Comes from interacting with excellent photographers who competed to enter that gallery. It was a distinct privilege to ask and receive their images and feelings about their images as we published my choice of best of show on Pathways of Light
Much of the very good-natured fun came from enjoying Leroy Perea, Gallery Director, who would occasionally put on a laughing comedian's face!

In a time when photographers are scrambling to find a new, positive venue to communicate their fine art, my hopes and dreams grew through 2009 into one of the merriest Christmases I've ever had!
Does anyone remember the old song, "Fairy Tales Can Come True, It Can Happen to You..."

May 2010 have even more Excitement and Glamour...


No comments: