Dec 20, 2009

Heart of the Big-I by Bert Norgorden


ANMPAS, Heart of Big-I, Bert Norgorden

Winner, Landmark Category, 9th Annual Photo Contest,
New Mexico Magazine, January, 2010.

I took the photo “The Heart of the Big-I” in Spring of 2007. I am usually drawn to nature and the natural world, but I have been struck by the beauty and majesty of the Big-I since its completion.
I was sitting on the Seasons balcony visiting friends who were leaving town when I saw a storm moving toward the Big-I. I excused myself and left - arriving with the storm.
The lighting and colors were very dramatic! I was able to set up and take a few shots before the storm rushed further East.

Editor’s Notes on Heart of the Big-I
From my first glance, I understood Bert’s fascination with the Big-I. Between chasing the light and a storm, Bert nailed a remarkable image.

The Big I completes our photographers ANMPAS presentation.
Thanks to Don, David, Peter, Keith, and Bert – their work illustrates New Mexico’s devotion to Fine Art Photography!

No comments: