Jul 23, 2009

Adobe’s eSeminars


Bryan Hughes, PhotoMerge, CS4, Adobe, eSeminar

This morning, I took part in a free, hour-long CS4 for Photographers class. Using hi-speed Comcast web technology, Adobe broadcast their first eSeminar Live using Adobe Flash Player. This one is on Cs4; Adobe plans to have 3 additional Connect Pro Meetings in the next month or so. You can find the info here.

And, yes, after working hard on the reinvigorated laptop for several busy days, I am watching Adobe live, listening to their intro Beethoven on it right now …

After synchronizing Flash Player and determining connection speed, when Connect Pro comes up, it takes Internet Explorer 8 over, creating a full screen (Argh…). CTRL-ALT-DEL lets me log onto Task Manager to get the Start menu back ~ so I can do other things while waiting for the extravaganza to start. Ahh, Beethoven…

Bryan Hughes Bryan Hughes began the session a few moments after 1000 Pacific time – I could actually post these remarks on Google Blogger as I write – But I’d rather watch and listen to Bryan…

Here’s the Most Amazing Part…
Bryan’s composite pano image above is the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen CS4 do…
Bryan took 2 different hand-held panos. When I first saw the original images, they were in no particular order in Bridge. That’s to say “They were mixed together”. He merged them (without stacking – 2 sets of different pano images), and displayed them on screen.
Result: Both panos appeared - separately, mind you - from the input melee...
I simply did a screen capture to commemorate this unique CS4 feature (the image above)…
Now, that’s quite a stunning technology feat!!!

Some 50+ minutes in, somewhat saturated, I had learned several Tips and Tricks which I would not normally find in textbooks or on DVDs.

I encourage you to register with Adobe and watch over the next few Thursdays (July 23 - Aug 30) as their eSeminars whet your appetite for ever sharper Lightroom, Bridge, and CS4 workflows…

Thanks, Bryan and Adobe…

No comments: