Apr 9, 2009

Two-fer

A recent blog diligently tried to accept a simple fact – my new copy of CS4 would not install on 2 machines. Adobe’s advice; contact Amazon. Tried calling; no response. Sent email; someone (let them be nameless; I never talked to anyone) promptly mailed me another copy with new serial number at no charge.

Mind you, I had already installed CS4 on the studio computer. Not only that, I had also installed current updates to the upgrade. But, CS4 kept demanding an appropriate serial number. Yarrggghhh…

Yesterday, the new version arrived. Anticipating all morning today (minimum) on the upgrade process, I asked my buddy Larry about uninstalling, reinstalling the upgrade, verifying the new serial number, then performing the update again.
He looked at me quizzically, then said, “Why not just provide this serial number to CS4 on the present upgrade install?”
So, I tried …and it worked.

Not only that – it performs flawlessly with new update as well!!!
If you know the right guy, it takes about 10 minutes (including documentation) to try this new route [vice half a day]…

My thanks to Larry Stroup – would you believe Larry really likes to overcome a challenge (me included).
Enjoy…

No comments: